You’ve seen them hanging on my mantle…… in the wood block tutorial and most of your probably know how to make them, but if not, here’s the basics for making wax paper hearts. I make these with my students in small groups of 2-3 to make sure the iron is closely guarded.
- waxed paper
- craft paper or construction paper
- Get some wax paper
- Pull off a strip approx 12×24 inches and fold in half.
- Begin shaving your desired crayon color on the inside of the wax paper.
- There are 2 methods… You can spread the shavings around like shown OR you can bunch them mostly to the middle and spread the melted wax with your iron as you melt it.
- After laying your top sheet over the shaved crayon cover it with craft paper or construction paper of some sort to keep the wax away from your iron. Move iron slowly to spread the melted wax.
- You will end up with sheets that look something like this. Some are blotchy, some are not. That’s the fun of it!
- Use heart shaped tracers to trace various size hearts. I made tracers using my Cricut and a thick piece of scrapping paper.
- Cut, hole punch, hang and enjoy!!!